Director of The Comms Collective, Sue White, runs tailored writing training sessions to help your employees radically improve their writing skills.
Work with Sue and you’ll learn the art of writing well from someone whose work is published in some of Australia’s largest newspapers and magazines.
In addition to Sue’s ten years experience as a successful freelance journalist, she has years of experience training and mentoring, both privately via her personal website and through the Australian Writers’ Centre.
Despite what it may look like, Sue is no stranger to the corporate world: she spent ten years as a communications specialist before moving to journalism, and her copywriting skills are in demand: Sue has oversight of all of The Comms Collective’s copywriting projects.
Through a tailored writing training (usually run over a full or half day), Sue can help your team members:
- Become better writers.
- Approach the writing process more efficiently.
- Use structure and planning to their advantage.
- Understand what’s gone wrong with written pieces that haven’t worked in the past. (And why their boss/client/editor kept spitting them back.)
- Change the way they write according to the client’s needs or the material they are working on (ie: web writing and writing a technical report require two very different approaches).
- Understand storytelling and what makes a good story.
- Understand the importance of a great hook or lead (and how to write one).
Sue didn't sugarcoat but provided real and constructive feedback that kept me motivated.A student in one of Sue’s writing courses at the Australian Writers’ Centre
Professional, funny, experienced, generous.Another satisfied student!
Sue’s mentoring sessions have helped me SO much.From one of Sue’s private mentoring clients
Fantastic. Great speaker, great delivery.From a conference attendee where Sue presented
Sue was extremely open to sharing her wealth of knowledge and experience.Yet another happy student!
Sue’s mentoring was money well spent.Another satisfied mentoring customer